Templates
I hate templates. I edited the editable region on the main template and lost all the content on every other pages. So the conclusion is, never use template if you are a beginner in Dreamweaver! Loosing all the content was tough coz I had to re-create the content all over again. But it was a good learning process. After consulting Dr. Ken, I managed to find a better way to edit my website -> Use TABLES.
So I decided to use tables as a template. But before creating all other content, I had to make sure I am fully satisfied with the template in order to save time. So once I am certain of the template, I saved it in 6 different files (for 6 different pages).
The only problem is; If I decided to change anything, I'll have to change every single page. This is the troublesome part in creating a manual template. But then, it's better than loosing all your content ;)
Current Progress - Developing Content
So far, I have done 2 pages; Q&A and Quickies. I am still doing loads of research by referring to other websites such as CupcakeChic, YummyCupcakes & CupcakeFun. What I like about these websites (in terms of the layout and the content):
1. Cupcake Chic : Very simple and a straight forward design.
2. Yummy Cupcakes : Informative
3. Cupcake Fun : GREAT ideas, great design, loads of fun stuff.
I tried my best to combine all three designs and ideas into my website while creating the content. Here are some references / my source of information:
1. Recipes I refer to : Cupcake Fun
2. Baking tips : Nigella Lawson's.
3. Amazing Pictures : Happy Cakes Denver, Rachel, Minhnimie28.
4. Cupcakes names : Cupcake Lane Bakery
Those are all of my updated references for now :D
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Templates and References
Posted by Ms. Eza at 6:01 PM
Labels: Interactive Multimedia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment